Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Actually stuff I wrote, as I did not want to work, read it only if you don't have any work...

Been reading and re-dreading without a single word ACTUALLY entering my brain. The topic? Horse grams! It is for my website: http://www.vegetablebuzz.com. You may click the link at your own risk, ‘coz this website is boring. Unless, you are really passionate about vegetable, gardening, cooking…the works. There, you have it, a disclaimer.


I have a friend, you know, a real good friend, the sort who can insult you and still be your friend? Well, she is that sort and she told me she tried going through my website and “Kitna boring hai bhai!” (A rhetoric in hindi “How boring is it?”…the bhai part is brother, but as she is not my brother and I am not her brother, that adds no meaning to it…except maybe serving as an equivalent for “dude”…but we are not here to learn Hindi grammar, are we? Let’s move on already…)
After getting this amazing compliment I have stopped directing anyone else to my website(Except you guys, but it did come with a disclaimer, so don’t complain…please, I don’t think my little heart can tolerate any more insults) I will just secretly add material to it and when one day it becomes THE WEBSITE. The website that is the last word on vegetables and I am declared the undisputable veggie queen, we’ll see who has the last laugh…grrr….seriously, I don’t see that happening- EVER. When I use up the time allotted for the website to write into my blog, there is only one future I can see for it- and that ain’t too bright.
But I promise myself I will go back to it and write the most fun articles in the history of vegetabledom…but first, lemme take a break to refresh my brain…
Went to Coimby yesterday… “What, again?” you ask. True, I should not torture my poor parents this often with my company…but my sis is pregnant and my MIL had to go “see” her, you know, “see” as in take kilos of sweets and snacks for her. Lucky neighbours! ‘Coz try as I might, I cannot imagine my sis eating all the stuff and even if my entire family put heart and soul into it, they would not be able to finish it all…so who benefits? The Neighbours. Besides I don’t think my sis will have vacancy for even a tiny food morsel after all the food my mom has been stuffing her with!

Being a pregnant lady in India is not easy, I will tell you that – after having seen my two sisters and a sister-in-law go through the torture of motherhood (shhhh…please don’t tell my MIL, my mom won’t mind, she knows I am deranged and doesn’t take anything I say seriously. MIL has not yet discovered this…I hope…) I am sort of a second-hand expert. First they are made to eat everything that they hate- from ghee, to sweets, to milk, to eggs(proteins, proteins and more proteins)…of course with all the proteins come fats, but moms are blind to this and continue forcing their daughters. And if that is not enough, they also eat everything they crave- because a pregnant lady’s cravings should not be ignored, plus they have to eat all the stuff that anybody who was ever pregnant and delivered a normal baby suggests. And this is just the tip of the iceberg…
But kidding apart, I am sure Indian women who are pregnant get the best treatment ever, they are treated like queens…but I guess when you are pregnant you are just too frustrated to notice…it is only after delivery, when sleepless nights take over and she turns into a veritable milk van, and the hubby suddenly becomes rude again that she actually looks upon her pregnant days as “those glorious days”.
So, the point I am trying to make is that, I have only experienced pregnancy second-hand and don’t know jack-shit about anything, so if I write this there is no reason that this is how things are…and since you wasted your time reading through this blog and could not come out with anything of value here’s a huge hug (((((HUGS)))))…
I am now crossing my fingers, hoping that I have something better to write tomorrow and that you’ll come back again- with all the hug bribe and all- and are not TOTALLY put off by the crap I wrote today.
Thanks: )

7 comments:

  1. The first time I visited you I went to vegetablebuzz. I looked around, didn't know what to do..no no its an interesting site, just that I was clueless *moves on to next sentence as fast as possible*
    So I came here and hallelujah struck gold!! I thought you had a daughter- the profile pic kid was yours I thought :D
    Hmmm...looks kinda fun being pregnant eating all the time and sleeping and being a queen aahh bliss.. and you know? I dreamt that I had twins: 1 girl and 1 boy, and now this post..hmmm message from God ? Even when your clueless you can write a good post, look at my god awful post blegh

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree on the pregnancy vis-a-vis after delivery part. My wife says so.

    I havent been to your boring website yet, but will shortly. TC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, not a bad idea at all. in fact it was interesting and unique. All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SJ: Thanks...for not elaborating and moving on to next sentence(wink)Message from god, eh?Only time will tell, here's hoping for the best:)
    Zillion: Thanks for being so sweet, if my website ever becomes a hit, you shall be named "the honorary guardian of the vegetables":)Btw, I hope you still treat your wife like a queen...with all the love I see you have for her from the blogposts,I am sure you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh Ida...with the list of food noted here..i think "Pregnancy" is more fun than anything under the sun..what else do i ned, if i can gorge food limitlessly...well, look Ida..that u r "Maate" to me i will not do anything that will bring words like "Boring" into my mouth for you...so...visit to website..i mean, why website!!!, u have made us visit such wonderful place..wat say!!! ;-D..hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  6. first of all.. i think ur rambling is adorable... i like the way you speak your mind and it seems to come to you effortlessly. thoughts flow to your fingers and end up on this blog. and they make a whimsical read (in a sweet way). for your 'dear' friend who doesn't get you.. pl. ignore her and write for the rest of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priya: Beti, Vatsa...thanks so much :D :D Good you are still sticking to the "Maate" bit and still don't find anything "Maata" does boring!Lolz
    Poorva:Thanks for the morale boost...you have unleashed a monster! now there is no stopping me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete