Friday, June 19, 2009

Hanky-panky in the Park!

It is Friday already and I can't say that I am not glad to see that the week is finally coming to a close. The most difficult part of the week for me in Thursday.
Monday you know you have to face the drudgery of the week, Tuesday again you are resigned to your fate, by Wednesday depression starts creeping and by the time it is Thursday you are ready to buy an unlicensed gun and shoot everyone and anything in sight (Yes, INCLUDING, the sweet neighborhood aunty, because what gives her the right to be so cheerful when you are drowning in misery?) You cry yourself to sleep on Thursday. And miracles of miracles, the never-ending week becomes a Friday!!! And weekend is just around the corner. Oh mercy, mercy, mercy, at last!!!
So, here we are, on that day, which makes endless boredom worthwhile, cause there is hope ...
Last weekend Upair, my hubby, and I had gone to the Attic....Oh, oh, oh! Lemme not forget, even before that, we had gone to this lovely little park (even before that we had gone to the South Railway station to drop off Upair's sis and hubby, but now that would not be of interest to you, would it?). It is in the naval area , near the lovely walkway...I have forgotten the name of the walkway(Heh-heh-heh!Yes, now that you have finished laughing, maybe we can continue...) but I will ask Upair and let you know tomorrow(Or whenever it is that I blog next).
But I digress, I was speaking about the lovely park, oh, it was beautiful....there was one part that had a kind of circular seating arrangement and there was no roof, except that climbers were climbing all over the place and they had sort of interlinked on the top, making a "natural" roof.
I am sure there is a name for such a thing but I'll be darned if I know what it is...my description of the place sucks, so lemme see if I can find some snaps of it to post it...
But anyway, the end result was truly spectacular! It looked right out of horror movies. All we needed was a "white-saree-aunty-with-long-open-hair" and we would be set. Upair and I were giggling away on these reflections, and generally trying to decide who best suited the role- if you would see us, you will know that that the competition is tough- me being more horrible looking and he being more scary looking....But anyway, we are doing this when we see a middle-aged person passing by with two young girls, presumably his daughters, and giving us the dirtiest look possible. And as we try to figure our what could be wrong, we see another group of elders with the same disapproving expression. And then another, and another....
And we are like giving each other these blank stares, absolutely clueless as to what is happening. And then suddenly it strikes us. They think we are desperate couple, surely up to hanky-panky in the park....our spooky location might have somehow seemed romantic to them. Or maybe they feel horror makes us kinky...or who knows...you just have to see a young(relatively) guy and a young (again, relatively) girl together and you see people adding two and two together to get most complex equations in math!
So, we discreetly got up...of course by now I had caught a cold and was sneezing and snorting so loud that the kids thought that it was a thunder and clapped, so being discreet was not exactly possible. But, we tried, I hid my face in my hankie and Upair looked into his mobile phone...Yeah, Upair thinks that if he gets lost in the "cellular" world, he will actually vanish from sight- MEN, I tell you.
So, anyway, now we are like seated in a family area, in full view of the public...and I see a girl and a guy make way for "our" enclosure under the shrubs...they must be up to some hanky-panky, I think...well, not everyone is as innocent as Upair and Ida, right?
So there we sit on the bench, commenting on all the kids and then mosquitoes decide to join the fun. Of course, they all have to attack me, because Upair does not already have enough things to tease me with!
But anyway, after I make a scene with the mosquitoes and the other people in the park start looking at me as if I was the nuttiest thing they had seen after nut crackers, we finally decide to call it quits and head for "The Attic"...
Actually this post was going to be about that, but you people just ask too many questions and I know exactly what you will be asking, so I have to write all these other details, so no time now for the post on attic...more on it in the next post...
Till then bye-bye...and please keep your houses dirty- I hope all the mosquitoes have some place else to go except following me.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi, is "The Attic" on the marine drive, close to Travencore restaurant?. Or was it called the steak house.I miss appam and egg roast at the "coffee beans" and lunch at The Travencore.ceylone bakehouse, and our frequent adda was "harbor view" hotel restaurants buffet dinner.and Gokulam park inn BAR (pSSSSHHH)

    oh and the Andhra restaurant.......

    I MISS KOCHI, EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zillion you have made me hungry now...as a punishment, my next post will be on FOOD!!!!!
    I'm sure Kochi misses you, it just does not know how to express, heh!heh!

    ReplyDelete