Friday, June 19, 2009

Kochi- "K" is for Konfusion!!!!

Infopark and Smart city vs "veragu adippu" (stoves that use wood as fuel), women's liberation vs drunkards who beat their wives up, lastest mercedes cars vs buses that want to run you down, Yadav bhelpuri vs Best Bakery, scorching heat vs endless monsoon, ....A city of paradoxes, to say the least. I have been here for a year now and cannot decide whether I hate it or love it.
May be love it cause there is so much of scenery, maybe I hate it because there is too much garbage lying around,
May be I love the strong independant women, maybe I hate the submissive attitude they have towards the men,
Maybe I love the lovely,lovely walkways, maybe I hate the way too narrow roads,
I love some food, I hate others too....
So as you can see, I have a very messed up opinion of this place. As I discover more of life in this city, maybe my thoughts will get clear, but then again, maybe not...
Anyway, it is something write about...
And that's all that counts...or maybe not...????

No comments:

Post a Comment