Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We love the things we hate about each other...but what we "really" love is to sleep

So, our marriage is now officially one year old. Yesterday was our first wedding anniversary....and all Upair has till now to show of it is a few months of continuous headache, a few (like 3-dozen-a-day....pretty low, right) acidity attacks, a teeny- little potbelly and that's about it...I mean, no prescriptions for Prozac or Xanax or any other fun stuff all other married couple have!! I know, I am pretty slow...but months of headache, I can't be ALL bad at this "being wife" business,huh?
I know he often has tears in his eyes, but that must just be the joy of living with me, right?
The basic problem is that his idea of ideal wife is this




And I am more like this

(I don't know if I am allowed to use these pictures, but hey, whoever owns this, you must understand that you are contributing to a great cause- explaining to the world what I would never have been able to in words, and besides I have given links to your site, so you get free back links and you must be happy, but if you would still want me to remove it...just write in...)

So, anyway, now you know what lies at the crux of a happy marriage- a husband who has so bad a headache that he cannot notice what's wrong with his wife anymore and a wife so ill all the time that she is beyond thinking about anything but sleep...

Therefore, you can safely say that we "slept" our way through one full year of married life...others might tell you that you have to communicate...that is true, you MUST talk, but not to each other...my hubby talks to his cars and gadgets, I talk to random strangers on the internet...see, perfect harmony...

We went out to The Rennaissance yesterday(the name of a Hotel and not a theatre group)...I was dissapointed to find that the waiters there do NOT dress up like Rennaissance artists and they do not have brush-shaped forks and knives and verses of poem printed on the tablecloth....does nobody have a sense of theme anymore??? But seriously, the place looked great and the food was even better and I would reccomend it to anybody who loaths bland food, 'coz the food there is anything but bland...

We are both like seated in this romantic table and I am all thinking about how in-love we must look and Upair actually says the most romantic thing he can say, he calls me "Mandi"(Something equal to an Idiot in Malayalam, but in a sweet way)..yeah, coming from Upair, that's high romance....so now I am all over the moon and can't stop all the love that is flowing out of me....we finished dinner, went for a leeetle drive, came back and slept...slept, seriously, that was us after one year:) Still surviving.....

7 comments:

  1. awwww thats such a cute post...i loveeed it :)
    m sure ur husband is a lucky man to have a charming lady like u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u defined most relationships!
    guys talking to their cars and girls talking to their gfs! :)
    i think... as long as u r not yelling at each other, living in harmony is great! :) been there... still there!! :P

    Sometimes having different worlds but the same galaxy is perfect! that way while you do collide once in a while, you still revolve around the same part of the universe!

    oh and almost forgot.. BELATED WISHES! (whom have my manners run off with?)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Neha Gandhi....Upair just HAS to read this, but I know what his reaction would be...he'll be all "They don't have to live with the mad "charming" lady...ask them to spend a year with you and then they will know"...hmmm, that's the tragedy of my life for you...but thanks for the lovely comment
    P- firstly thanks for the wishes(I would have made a new post out of it had you forgotten to wish, so you should be glad you remembered!)Seems like you are the woman after my own heart, you know EXACTLY how relationships work...maybe we should start up a counseling company or something, giving guidance to the misguided souls out there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH, belated happy wedding anniversary...

    Its mostly like that, we too are compulsive quarrelers, But love with out a bit of brawl is like a bland food.

    Talking about food, is Renaissance the one at Palarivattom? In palarivattum theres one Biriyani Hut, awesome biriyanis. Thanks, Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  5. hihiihi...moment i am on the chair and have stopped "laughing" at the funniest post ever..i will come back to say more... :D :D...ROFL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is interesting indeed :) I spent more than an hour reading your posts ..loved it. one more reader in me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks zillion, priya and Rohit.
    Zillion- yup it is the same Renaissance...been to Biryani Hut, but felt the food needed little more spice:)
    Priya- keep laughing....:D
    Rohit- thanks a lot and hope to see you around:)

    ReplyDelete