Monday, June 22, 2009

Hungry Heart!!!



Facebook is depressing...started taking a quiz today"What is missing in your life?" and I come across this question:
What is NOT lacking in your current living situation?
  1. Financial achievement
  2. Friends
  3. Adventure
  4. Freedom
Have you ever seen anything so atrocious? Is it just me? Am I the only one who had to spend the longest time puzzling over this question? ALL THE FOUR ARE LACKING!!!! How can I select one? Felt like a complete loser and was humming "I want to break free..."all day long:(
But anyway, depressing thoughts aside, today we discuss FOOD!!
First up is the Attic or The Attic- Steak House in Marine drive...
it seems the place was very famous for its steaks till something went wrong and the food started tasting not-too-great.
But anyway, Upair and I went there last week and found the food SUPERB. They have changed the cook, a new management and new menu, lesser steaks and more continental cuisine....after going through the unpronounceable menu(yeah, I am like TOTALLY sophisticated-- see, I can even spell the word!!!) I finally ordered the only thing I could pronounce- lasagna. Upair order chicken something-or-the other, which had fried chicken stuffed with cheesy somethin and mashed potatoes...both the dishes were YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Can't wait to go there again.
The lasagna and chicken-something looked like this

There is a newly re-done mallu restaurant right under it- the Ela, not tried it out. If any of you go, do let me know how it is....
Let's move on now...
Then we went to Cafe Coffee Day for some Grande Latte- it was ok, but last time was better.
While we are on the topic of food, the best topic anyone can choose to be on, in fact the only topic worth discussing, in fact the only topic I can discuss with my mouth shut ('coz I'll be too busy chewing), let me tell you about what we did yesterday...
Saw Wolverine...good movie...blah, blah, blah...now we go to FOOD!
We went to Pizza hut. I think it has been 2 months since we last went....the whole place has changed. I cannot decide whether I like the new decor or not. It looks lovely, true, but it also looks a bit formal. Earlier it had more "youngish" look. Maybe it is because its target audience- ME AND YOU- is growing older that the look was changed...I DON'T WANNA GROW UP!!!!
Food as usual was good, I love the spicy garlic bread over there, so we had that too!

At least the food does not look formal:)

Well, want to write more, but I suddenly thought of facebook and the first point, the "financial" point, gotta go do something about that...so let me go mint my 1 cent and 2 cents...
You all have a blast of a week!
BYEEEEEE!

PS:These pictures are from the net...not mine, so may not be like the real thing...yeah, another "smart" Ida move:)

8 comments:

  1. humm, i was right about Attic, I once had Fillet Steak( well done) and it was good( that time i found it good, but now i have had better steaks)....

    Pizza Hut, that used to be our joint. i love the place.The one near South station? Near Bimbis?
    BTW: Thanks for the comments on my post. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, thanks for droppin by! nice start you got yourself here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow everything looks tempting n delicious! Never been to Attic Steakhouse! Pizza hut was my favourites when I was in India. They serve lip smacking dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steaks are on a menu in Mumbai!!?? That's the first I have heard! May be cause I just presumed steaks = beef!..which gain I thought was not widely available in India!

    You are damn right... that silly questionnaire was a bugger so me too am going to skip it! Food is def. a more desirable topics..on soo many levels! :P Pizzhut in Mumbai, really knows how to serve garlic bread with everything on it... we Indians are marvellous chefs and there is noone beating us to it! (May be the thai guys bt only cause I like some variety)

    PS: its lunchtime now here.. so this talk about food has got me real worked up! tats it for concentrating on my task at hand! sigh! better go get lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: I loved ur blog template! Maldives is it??
    Also, you from kerela? wat u doing in Mumbai?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zillion: right about everything:) That is the Attic you were referring to, the Pizza hut is exactly where you say and yes, the steaks here are good, but there are places with better steak too...so, you are like the Hermione of my blog- heh!heh!

    Smash the reds: Thanks smash the reds- blushing on your comment about by blog starting off well...oops I turned red, hope you mean the commies and not blushers when you came up with your name...

    Pooja: Yes Pooja, the Pizza Hut is amazing, isn't it?...do try out the other places I mentioned when you are here next...you might really like them, or end up getting food poisoning- adventurous, either way ;P

    P: high five first- Indians rock! Hope you had a great lunch.
    No, I am not in Mumbai, I was referring to the Marine drive in Kochi, not Mumbai. I've been all over India and finally decided to come to the place my husband calls home- Kochi:)But there are LOADS of great steak houses in Mumbai. Been to one in Colaba- I forget its name, it was Superb- at least for those who like steak, I do not:(
    Thanks for the blog template comment:)No idea where the place is....hopefully Kochi will become like this one day...sigh, I can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey...kochi blogger...first time here on your blog....loved your love for food....fully satiated the hunger of getting to c a blog which has such a refreshing template... and not to forget...Zillion Big...did the link thing and here i become one of your many followers and fan....hope to see more of your writings..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Priya...you are really too sweet, I am still reeling under all the compliments you have given...maybe I should make Upair read this, then he will believe that people actually DO read what I write:)
    Yeah, and I owe it all to zillion big, so thanks again....

    ReplyDelete